Many people have indicated that the banana is very caloric, increases in weight … the truth is that many times we get carried away by the myths and not by the properties that this contains for our health.
Nutritionists have indicated that the banana has an impact on the glucose production of the body. According to a study by the National Librery of Medicine, pectin and starch, which can moderate blood sugar levels and reduce appetite.
These are the benefits of banana and you probably did not know. Take note!
1. Take care of the heart: The banana is a food rich in potassium, an essential element to lower blood pressure. In cases of severe potassium deficiency, the heart rhythm may become irregular.
2. Control cramps: Deficiency of minerals is a frequent cause of muscle cramps. By consuming a food rich in potassium and magnesium such as bananas, we could prevent muscle spasms.
3. Improves vision: Mature bananas have a small amount of vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin that is important for eye protection.
4. Renal diseases: Foods rich in potassium help prevent the formation of kidney stones, according to a recent research. Consuming constantly ripe bananas helps reduce the likelihood of malignancies in the kidneys by 40 %.
5. Prevents cancer: According to some research, mature banana, when stained, develops substances that defend the body from the growth of abnormal cells.
6. Weight loss: Banana has many characteristics that can contribute to weight loss. A medium piece has approximately 100 calories, plus 3 grams of dietary fiber and starch.